The Welding Institute of Malaysia (WIM) the operating name of Welding Institute (Malaysia) Bhd is a non-profit membership organization with a mission to provide a wide range of technical, networking and support services in the field of welding, joining and allied technologies.
• the only organization in Malaysia that is dedicated to welding, joining and allied technologies.
• affiliated to the Professional Division of The Welding Institute (TWI), United Kingdom.
• the sole representative of Malaysia in the International Institute of Welding (IIW)
• a Full Member of the Asian Welding Federation (AWF)
Members of WIM benefit from
• exclusive access to a wide range of technical information
• free attendance at technical events
• discounts on attendance in courses, seminars and conferences and many more….
Being an open learned society, WIM provides information on welding in terms of materials, design, inspection, health and safety, education, training, qualification, terminology and fabrication; as well as organizing technical and social meeetings, conferences and seminars. These events provide the best place to establish contact and friendship with others sharing common interest in welding and joining technology.
WIM is affiliated with The Welding Institute (TWI), Professional Division, Cambridge, United Kingdom. It is also the Member Society for Malaysia in the International Institute of Welding (IIW) and a Full Member of the Asian Welding Federation (AWF).