PSMB (HRDF) Scheme: SBL
Basic Practical Welding – SMAW / MMA
This course is designed to provide practical training and exposure and gain basic knowledge and understanding of the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) / Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMA) process.
– Practical knowledge and understanding of the SMAW/MMA process.
– Knowledge of the common types of welding consumables and equipment used in the SMAW/MMA process.
– Hands-on practice on SMAW/MMA process in basic positions.
– Usage of the welding consumables e.g electrodes.
– Basic functions of the welding equipment for SMAW/MMA.
Who Should Attend
People who are not directly involved in welding but wants to have basic practical knowledge and understanding of SMAW/MMA and the consumables/equipment used.