PSMB (HRDF) Scheme: SBL
Basic Practical Welding – GTAW / TIG
This course is designed to provide practical training and exposure and gain basic knowledge and understanding of the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) / Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) process.
This course basically covers the following:
– Practical knowledge and understanding of the GTAW/TIG process.
– Knowledge of the common types of welding consumables and equipment used in the GTAW/TIG process.
– Hands-on practice on GTAW/TIG process in basic positions.
– Usage of the welding consumables e.g filler rod, shielding gas.
– Basic functions of the welding equipment for GTAW/TIG.
Who Should Attend
People who are not directly involved in welding but wants to have basic practical knowledge and understanding of GTAW/TIG and the consumables/equipment used.