PSMB (HRDF) Scheme: SBL
Basic Practical Welding – GMAW / MIG-MAG
This course is designed to provide practical training and exposure and gain basic knowledge and understanding of the Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) / Metal Inert Gas (MIG) – Metal Active Gas (MAG) process.
This course basically covers the following:
– Practical knowledge and understanding of the GMAW/MIG-MAG process.
– Knowledge of the common types of welding consumables and equipment used in the GMAW/ MIG-MAG process.
– Hands-on practice on GMAW/MIG-MAG process in basic positions.
– Usage of the welding consumables e.g wire electrode, shielding gas.
– Basic functions of the welding equipment for GMAW /MIG-MAG.
Who Should Attend
People who are not directly involved in welding but wants to have basic practical knowledge and understanding of GMAW/MIG-MAG and the consumables/equipment used.