• Make participants aware of technologies used in industrial digital radiography
• Help participants make informed choices on which technology and equipment is most suitable
• Explain the various parameters in a digital radiographic inspection system which influence the resulting image quality
• Introduction and comparison of industrial digital radiography technologies : computed radiography (CR) and digital detector array (DDA)
• Applications of digital radiography
• Components of a typical industrial radiographic inspection system:
o Radiation Source: X-ray, gamma radioisotope
o Object Under Inspection
o Radiation Detector : film, imaging plate, DDA
• Computed Radiography (CR): What is it? How does it work?
• Parameters of a radiographic inspection system : Comparison of digital images to demonstrate how these various parameters affect image quality
APAC representative for German-based X-ray equipment manufacturer, Duerr NDT. Duerr NDTS’s computed radiography scanners are in use all over the world in industrial inspection applications as well as in research and educational institutes.
Nick has several years experience in the design and development of NDT Inspection tools for the aerospace and automotive industries.
SEA Regional Sales Manager for Sentinel-Asia Ltd based in Malaysia. Sentinel-Asia is the Asian distribution wing of QSA Global Inc; manufacturer of the Delta 880 Gamma projector system, Industrial Radioisotopes for NDT and other NDT equipment.
Firdaus was previously involved with BINDT PCN, and Malaysian JPK NDT Certification and Training.
Who should participate ?
Engineers, Technicians, QA/QC personnel, Managers who are involved in NDT or workplace safety (HSE), and those considering moving from film radiography to digital inspection techniques, in particular computed radiography (CR)
All those involved in NDT will gain knowledge on the latest digital radiography technology & techniques.