The objective of this seminar is to highlight new technological advancements in welding materials used in the Petrochemical industry. The seminar will be presented by technical experts from Esab, Poulton Technologies and Aotai Welding Technologies.
ESAB: Welding Consumable Advancements
- Overview of petrochemical plants and the rationale
behind the material selection to its fluid mediums.
- Advancement of High Temperature Materials Eg; CrMo
and Nickel Based Alloys in addressing the challenges of
increased service life, elevated temperatures, increased
pressure and improved corrosions resistance.
- Basic corrosion problems in Oil Refinery and
Petrochemical plants, and how welding consumables
are formulated to resist common failures.
- Exploring the art of cladding techniques for huge cost
improvements. Discussing the art of weld-overlaying,
weld dilution control secrets and best practices to apply
- Best practice for dissimilar welds. How to properly weld
materials of different grades together.
Poulton Technology: Non-Welded Permanent Pipe Connector
- Introduction to non-welded permanent pipe connectors, and how these new generation of pipe
connection can be your magical solution for connecting pipes without arc welding.
- Dangers of hot-working in plant – H2S risk
- Cost Comparison: Pipe connector Vs Conventional Welded Joints. Skipping NDT, PWHT and reduce inspection costs.
Introduction to Semi-Automatic Hot Wire TIG Process
- Basic principles of semi-automatic Hotwire TIG.
- Application advantages for Hot-Wire TIG, discussion on productivity acheivements during welding, and also how the process can help achieve desired mechanical properties.
1/ ESAB ASIA PACIFIC; Sukamal Naskar – IWE/EWE
Welding Engineer and also Technical Product
Manager in Petrochem and Powerplant
2/NET-LITE MALAYSIA; Eric Cheah – IWE/EWE
Welding Engineer and also Council Member of
3/POULTON TECHNOLOGIES; David Lai – Regional
Director; has experience in Petrochemical and
Oil & Gas Industries, relating to onsite services
like hot tapping/leak repair/in-situ machining,
portable clamshell systems