Welding Institute of Malaysia (WIM) is a non-profit membership organisation and society formed to raise awareness on the science and practice of welding, joining, cutting and related technologies, and quality in welding workmanship.
Technical information and guidance on welding, joining, inspection and allied technologies through the quarterly WIM newsletter, a dedicated WIM web site and other social media e.g. Facebook
Access to technical information provided by TWI UK including :
• TWI’s technical library, a world renowned library of books, reports, journals, standards, conference proceedings and publications .
• TWI’s e-library, a digital collection of titles complementing the print library
• Weldasearch – database consisting of abstracts of over 200,000 articles on welding, joining and allied technologies
• MI-21 consumables – a database of over 37,000 records enabling you to trace consumables by current and past products and relate them to standards
• Knowledge summaries – brief introduction to the most popular joining processes, technologies and materials
• Technical enquiries online
• Industry updates
• Standards updates – what standards are and why they should be used
• Job knowledge
Special discounts for attending WIM and TWI S.E.A. training courses which are organised regularly.
Free attendance for attending technical talks/seminars.
For Corporate Members – allocation of free advertising in WIM’s website.
Guidance and advice on how to plan, record and receive recognition for professional and career development.
Professional status – a recognized mark of attainment for engineers, technicians and others involved in welding, joining and related activities.
Networking with companies and individuals in the field of welding, joining, inspection and other technologies.
A ‘Certificate of Membership’ for Corporate Members and ‘Membership Card’ for Individual Member to confirm status.